HIMS has an extensive fleet of high quality analytical instrumentation, such as NMR, EPR, UV-Vis, HPLC and MS. HIMS offers companies - in particular small and medium enterprises (SME's) - unique access to this infrastructure, scientific software and related knowhow. HIMS scientists are always open to consider new collaborations and partnerships.
Below is a list of services we provide on regular base to third parties. More analyses can be performed upon request.
Please contact HIMS manager Marcel Bartels:
M.J.Bartels@uva.nl, phone 020 525 8529.
NMR spectrum service
- 1D for H, C, P, F etc.
- 2D for HSQC, NOESY etc.
NMR dedicated service
Spectrum interpretation for all nuclei measured with NMR
MS spectrum service
Accurate mass measurements for publication purposes:
- Ionisation techniques like EI and FI coupled to GC
- Probe available for FD and direct insertion
- Electrospray / Coldspray
FD and Coldspray are especially suitable for instable compounds
- Qualitative proteomics– protein identification from gel separated or liquid samples by LC-MS/MS.
- Quantitative targeted proteomics – using SWATH technology
- Quantitative proteomics – using isobaric or isotopic labelling with iTRAQ and SILAC reagents.
- Phosphorylation analysis (ID and quantitative) and other PTMs
- Biological mass spectrometry – various analytical measurements for protein, peptide and small molecule structure determination and mass determination of proteins are offered.
- Adsorption of gasses and vapours
- Mercury porosimetry
Vibrational Circular Dichroism spectroscopy service
- Measurement of VCD spectra
- Absolute configuration determination
- Modelling services